Forum Index

Cashforums 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

win-now, too. Some trade deadlines are interesting for their

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pay Per Click Management (PPC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zgr123
Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: win-now, too. Some trade deadlines are interesting for their Reply with quote

CHENNAI, India -- Stanislas Wawrinka and Edouard Roger-Vasselin registered hard-fought wins to set up the final of the Chennai Open on Saturday. Top-seeded Wawrinka saw a resurgent Vasek Pospisil of Canada concede their semifinal at 6-4, 5-5 due to a back strain while Frenchman Roger-Vasselin sweated it out against Spanish player Marcel Granollers for a 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 victory. The eighth-ranked Wawrinka was surprised when Pospisil, the fifth seed from Vancouver, withdrew just after he had struck rhythm following some unforced errors at crucial junctures. Wawrinka, the only top-10 player in the fray, won the first set as he went a break up in the fifth game when Pospisil made two errors and double-faulted two times. The script seemed to be following similar lines in the second set as the Swiss managed a break in the seventh game with Pospisil double-faulting twice. But Pospisil broke back for 4-4 but lasted only a few more points. "It was a really tough match and I felt sorry for him because he was playing very well," Wawrinka said. "My focus is to be aggressive. Im playing my best tennis since last year and I think itll be a good final against Edouard, who is a good friend." Wawrinka and Roger-Vasselin are 1-1 from previous matchups. Wawrinka will be playing for his fifth ATP title, and second in Chennai after victory in 2012. Seventh-seeded Roger-Vasselin seeks his maiden ATP title. In his semi, Roger-Vasselin made the only break of the first set in the sixth game and faced stiff resistance thereafter. Granollers went a break up in the third game of the second set and held on, and the decider was also tight. Granollers broke in the first game but failed to hold his serve in the fourth after warding off four break points. Roger-Vasselin seized the initiative with some surprise forays to the net, breaking serve in the sixth game to go 4-2 up in what was to be a decisive lead. Roger-Vasselin expressed relief after the two-hour encounter against his sixth-seeded opponent. "Its great to make the final," he said. "It was a long, tough match both mentally and physically. Im relieved to have won. Its been a great start to 2014." Latavius Murray Jersey . The Miami Heat star tops the leagues global list of top-selling jerseys for the 2012-13 season, edging Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder and James Heat teammate Dwyane Wade for the No. George Blanda Raiders Jersey . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside. http://www.authenticraidersfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Jerry-Rice-Jersey/ .com) - The Ottawa Senators will try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive when they face the Chicago Blackhawks who are trying to secure their place in the post-season. Dave Casper Raiders Jersey . LOUIS -- David Ross never expected to be on a World Series podium. Raiders Hoodie . Authorities in Medina, Minn., released the details one day after Cunningham was jailed for another alleged incident with the woman he had been living with for the previous eight months. Cunningham had already been charged with felony domestic assault for allegedly choking the woman last week.TORONTO – General manager Alex Anthopoulos was evasive on the subject of the Blue Jays budget parameters as baseball moves closer to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. “Were having dialogue with teams,” said Anthopoulos. “Ultimately what we end up doing, if we do things or get things done, well never get into specifics. I dont think weve ever given out a number when it comes to payroll and things like that.” Getting down to the nitty-gritty, the answer to the question on fans minds: can the ballclub add salary? Can it take on an increase in payroll? Can it make a small dent in the bottom line in order to improve the team? “We can add players,” said Anthopoulos. “We have the ability to have that dialogue at any time. I dont see any reason why we wont be able to add players and obviously players make money. No one plays for free.” What about the belief that any deal must be dollar in-dollar out? Also known as revenue neutral? “I would never get into the specifics of that in terms of how we would make things work and where things fit in our payroll projections. Those are things we keep in house,” said Anthopoulos. “I understand why you guys are asking. I totally respect it. Its just things that we keep that stuff internal.” The proof will be in the actions of the ballclub, not just in the next 11 days leading up to the first trade deadline but also through August, when deals can still be made but not without the players involved first clearing waivers. In most cases thats a formality. “I think you could see, this is just a feeling, I think theres potentially going to be more activity in August this year than in years past,” said Anthopoulos. “You saw last year guys like (Justin) Morneau and (Marlon) Byrd got moved, (Alex) Rios got moved after (July) 31, I think thats where,, from a contractual standpoint and because of the extra wildcard, some clubs just need to wait a little while longer.dddddddddddd” According to baseball-reference.com, the Blue Jays have $135.4 million committed to player salary in 2014. A quiet trade deadline will lead to finger pointing at Anthopoulos, which would be unfair. There will be blame to go around; ownership would be at the top of the list. The general manager is aware there are holes in his lineup. Theres a need to acquire an infielder. Theres a need to upgrade the bullpen, an attempt at which will be made internally with the likely promotion of top prospect Aaron Sanchez. There are few teams in baseball that wouldnt add an arm to the starting rotation. Anthopoulos, with support of ownership, changed the course of the franchise in the offseason of 2012 when he made blockbuster trades with the Miami Marlins and New York Mets. The Blue Jays went from a franchise with a large haul of prospects building with youth to a win-now ballclub thanks to acquisitions of the likes of R.A. Dickey, Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle. Now, with a veteran laden lineup, the Blue Jays could use an acquisition or two to cement the clubs footing in the pennant picture. But with ownerships new CEO, who inherited a multi-billion dollar investment in another sports property, the landscape has changed. Anthopoulos finds himself with a win-now lineup. If his jobs on the line, as has been suggested, it would be strange for ownership to fire the general manager if it stood in the way of moves Anthopoulos would and could have made. Ownership needs to be win-now, too. Some trade deadlines are interesting for their activity, some not so much due to inactivity. For Blue Jays fans, the next five weeks, regardless of the degree to which the ballclub is active, will be quite intriguing. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pay Per Click Management (PPC) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: